Saturday, December 15, 2012

Bourjois 1 Seconde Nail Polish Review

Hello there, haven't been blogging for a while due to work!

In today's post I'm gonna review the new line of nail polishes by Bourjois called 1 Seconde. It's their latest nail polish line which claims to have silicone gel texture. I don't know about that but they do have some gorgeous albeit limited color selection. Oh, and their bottles are the most unique!
Love the tall cap design, very cute.There are textured patches on them to help you twist open the cap. I bought 01 Transparent glossy which is a top coat but the SA told me it could be used as base coat as well, and 09 Lavande esquisse which is a beautiful pastel purple.

To clarify, their name 1 Seconde refers to its ability to be applied on the whole nail surface in 1 second flat due to the panoramic fan effect brush. The drying time is supposed to be 50 seconds as stated on the bottle but it is a lie, but I'll elaborate on that later.

So on my first try, I used 01 as base and top coat, and the result was....BEYOND!! Especially within the first few minutes. It's the smoothest, shiniest result I've ever seen in my life, ever!

Here's how it looks with no flash. 09 Lavande esquisse is actually a red-based purple but it looks more like a powder blue in the pictures, in reality it's more purple.


Here's how it looks with flash, the hue is more true to nature in these shots.


 Arent they just the smoothest ??!! I've used Seche Vite and it doesn't even come close to this. Seche Vite also tends to apply a little bit thicker, this one is just thin and smooth.

However, this line of polish has serious bubbling issue, like, MAJOR. After the honeymoon phase has passed (the first few minutes), bubbles start to form on the surface of my nails. I tried to use 09 Lavande esquisse with my usual combo of OPI Nail Envy + Natural Base Coat + Poshe Top Coat and it still had the same bubbling issue.

Another downside is the drying time. It says 50 seconds on the bottle but it's a lie. I don't know how long you should wait to cure the polish but I waited close to 30 minutes before I allowed myself to do anything with my fingers, something that I do with my other polishes and usually by then they are already cured. But not with 1 Seconde, no sire! My nails were left with all sorts of hairline scratches by the end of the first hour that I immediately took the polish off.

It's so disappointing and I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, not until I've figured out a way to apply it correctly to avoid all the major issues above. Until then, I just have to hang on to the pics above =D

No comments:

Post a Comment