Monday, July 2, 2012

New Yumbers.....Eggs & Berries at Changi City Point

Lemme tell ya something about myself: I LOVE breakfast food. And I sure as hell am not the only one because there are a lot of restaurants dedicated to breakfast foods all around the world (How I wish IHOP were here!) and I notice they are cropping up everywhere in Singapore these lately.

Today's post will be about one of those restaurants.

Presenting: Eggs & Berries at Changi City Point.


Changi City Point mall is a relatively new mall in the East. It's located next to Expo MRT station and quite sizeable with rooftop park and sprawling building design similar to Vivo City. I'll blog about the mall some other time but do check it out if you have some spare time. It's nice to just walk about the development.

From what I gathered, Eggs & Berries specializes in eggs and waffles but I must admit I came only for the eggs so I don't really remember about their other offerings. Basically you choose which dish you like and tell them how you like your eggs. It is served with a whole lotta other stuff, so you really don't need to order so much.

Let's begin with some appetizer.


I ordered the pumpkin soup which portion I find quite generous for 1 person (I shared this with a friend). It contains a lot of cream so naturally it tastes delicious but after a while it will make you feel nauseous (this is not an insult, it's just one of those things that happens when you eat creamy stuff). The garlic bread that accompanies the soup is also drenched with garlic butter so it doesn't help to tone down the nausea.

Here's what my friend ordered, Veal Sausage with Scrambled Eggs:





It came with some beans in tomato sauce, green salad, half a tomato, and what looked like rosti (but i understand it was supposed to be hash browns?) and 3 pieces of pancake (not pictured).

And here's what I ordered, Spicy Lamb Sausage with Poached Egg:


Here's a close up of the sausage.


I must say they really ace their eggs. The scrambled eggs were moist and fluffy while the poached egg was firm on the outside, soft on the inside with silky yolk oozing out when you slice it open.


The Veal Sausage was good, can't say the same about my Spicy Lamb Sausage. I don't like the aroma of the spices >.<

They do serve iced water so naturally I ordered that (not a big fan of drinks), while my friend ordered Iced Lemon Tea.
Notice the shape of the glass? It's oval, not round.



I'd say the decor is quite feminine. They have indoor as well as outdoor seatings. Pictured above is their outdoor seating area, no air conditioning, just some ceiling fans.


I must say there's nothing much to write home about the accompanying stuff. I couldn't care less about the beans and the tomato, and the rosti/hash brown is too loose to my liking, not to mention the pancakes, which after working your way through the main dish, seem more like an afterthought. We were too full and the pancakes have become cold by the time we were ready to enjoy it. Even the Iced Lemon Tea tasted slightly weird. Good thing is, turns out you can order a la carte. Here's hoping they can improve their dishes but until then, next time I'm there I'll just order myself some eggs, with nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment