Tuesday, June 26, 2012

NOTD - Indian Ocean + Happy Birthday

My second post of the day....of nail polish....yay! This is my NOTD, it started off with plain Indian Ocean by Models Own from their Beetlejuice Spring/Summer 2012 collection.
 A sheer pale blue with violet-pink glitter. The glitter is in the same manner as Essie's Kisses and Bisses, although Essie's version is much more fine and subtle.
 Very pretty and has an ethereal quality to it. It feels more spring than summer to me. It is quite sheer so you have to do a few coats for the color to show through. What you see here is 3 coats. Here it is with a flash:
  This is my 1st and probably the last Models Own polish I will own though. Why, you ask? Well, when I was applying it, I sniffed a familiar fume that I usually smell when I use Seche Vite, and I was right. I did a little googling and found out Models Own is not Big 3 free. Bummer.

So, towards the end of the day I was excited to try out a newly acquired Happy Birthday by Deborah Lippmann. It's a very famous polish for you who doesn't know, quipped as 'Party In A Bottle' for all the glitters. Here's how it looks layered over Indian Ocean:
With flash:

What you see is 2 lazily-applied coats. It was fun but I think it's better layered over something darker or heavily painted on its own. Application for Indian Ocean was smooth and easy. Lippmann's Happy Birthday needed a little maneuvering to evenly spread the glitter across the nail.

NOTD: Models Own's Indian Ocean + Deborah Lippmann's Happy Birthday



No comments:

Post a Comment